Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Sunday, December 23, 2018

An unexpected gift

Earlier in the year, my friends Bob and Sandra returned from their trip to Scotland with some special gifts for me from the Buchanan Castle Golf Club shop. I was very grateful for their love and thoughtfulness.

Today I had another surprise. As I was talking to friends in the hallway at church, Bob came up to me with a big smile and a gift ... a Buchanan tartan neck tie! I have often thought that a Buchanan tartan tie would be a great addition to my collection of neck ties, but I had never had a good opportunity to buy one. And I have no lack of ties, considering that I have some ties that I have worn for 50 years.. But this one is special. It is brand new, and made in Scotland, and in the "rainbow tartan" of Clan Buchanan. What genealogist of Scottish descent would not love to have such a treasure?

Thank you Bob and Sandra. May Christmas be a special and blessed time for you and your family!

And this is my wish to each of you as well.

Merry Christmas!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home