Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living at Onoway, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Onoway, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. During July 2007 - January 2010, and September 2011 until the present I have provided part-time support for https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped many with the free Personal Ancestral File 5 (PAF5) software. I continue to help others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
Since April 2010, I am an assistant director of Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click http://mormon.org/

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Why Genealogy Is Important


I subscribe to various newsletters and blogs on genealogy. One of my favorites is "Genealogy in Time". It is an excellent place to find out about the latest sets of records made available on the internet. But it sometimes goes beyond this. I enjoyed this article. I think you may enjoy it too. Just click the link below the box. 

This article examines why genealogy is important. It discusses the practical and philosophical reasons as to what motivates people to spend time researching their roots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home