Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Website Updated


Website Updated

I generated my website database of nearly 25,000 relatives and uploaded it. With filtering and editing, it took most of the afternoon, but is working now. I asked FreeFind.com re-index (spider) my site so that my search engine will work properly, and already they report that they have done so.  

I try to do a major website update twice a year, but this time it only happened once. I still hope to create a 2012 version of the Buchanan Family Tree book before Christmas, and that deadline is approaching rapidly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am making good progress on the Lidgett Family book, which is a much more involved effort. Fortunately I have help from some Lidgett family members who provide information that my own research would never find. Some of the stories are quite interesting. What would you do if you had a dairy farm of Guernsey cows and your milk quota was cut 50%? You can read Brian and Brenda Moore's story at http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/8965780.Brymor_ice_cream_founder_dies_at_76/

Or find out about the movie version at http://www.yorkshirefilmarchive.com/film/spoilt-choice 

Everyone has their own battles to fight. The Moores' fight was with the European Union's milk quota, and then with their local government. I loved reading the story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home