Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I have been enjoying the Online Services Portal at the Family History Center for the past few weeks. It is wonderful to be able to do census searches (and paste the transcriptions into my PAF notes) and save copies of the digitized census pages to my flash drive ... for FREE! This would cost me a lot if I wanted to access these databases from home, but they are free at the FHC. Thank you!

This is what you will see in the online portal: Welcome to the Family History Center Services online portal. Please bookmark this site and direct patrons to always use the bookmark to access these resources. These services (except FamilyHistoryLink) require that they be accessed via this Family History Center Services Portal. Please choose from one of the following services. 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive FamilyHistoryLink FindMyPast.co.uk Footnote.com The Genealogist Genline.com Godfrey Memorial Library Heritage Quest Online Historic Map Works Library Edition World Vital Records Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War: - Research Database - Letters and Diaries - Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home