Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Monday, February 09, 2009

I have had some "hot matches" from Genes Reunited that actually were for my family. Recently I have had contact with two men interested in the Fosberry line. One is definitely related to my Thomas and Mary Fosberry of Chithurst and Iping parishes in Sussex, England and the other one may be. I also have had contact from a relative on my Linnen line and another on my Eley line, and another on my Waller/Walder line. So for about $20/ 6 months there does seem to be a payback. None of these contacts have been able to extend these lines further back than I already had them, but one was able to add a descendant I was unaware of (and this descendant's wife). I am waiting to hear whether the AGS wants me to do a presentation at their April 18-19 conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home