Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living at Onoway, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. During July 2007 - January 2010, and September 2011 - March 2014, I provided part-time support for This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
Since April 2010, I have served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I gave my presentation on "Online Research: The Big 4 and So Much More" on Satuday at the Alberta Genealogical Society, meeting at NorQuest College, Wetaskiwin on October 18th. The contents and links can be seen at Unfortunately I didn't get any photos. I was able to renew my acquaintence with my cousin Ken Campbell, Alice Hoyle, Claudia Malloch, Don Brossius, and a few other members of the AGS. It was a good meeting. Alberta Genealogical Society AGS is the provincial genealogical society for Alberta, Canada. I invite you to check them out. NorQuest College 209-3725- 56 Street, Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 2V6(780) 361-1380 Please note that my main website has been offline for a month and my attempts to contact the webhost by email or telephone have failed. It appears that may have gone out of business. So my backup site is now my main site.


Post a Comment

<< Home