Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

When I got home on Saturday, I continued my scutiny of the Rogate, Sussex baptisms, marriages and burials. I think it is 100% sure that great-great grandma Ann Waller's parents are Henry Waller and Martha New (married in Rogate 10 Jul 1790). Henry's parents were William Waller (or Walder) and Mary Peckwell, married in Rogate 11 May 1759. William's parents were William Waller (or Walder) and Elizabeth Mills, married in nearby Terwick 30 Nov 1743. This William's parents were William Waller or Walder and Elizabeth Goldring, married in Rogate 6 May 1717. His parents were William Walder and Jane, who had two children christened in Rogate, but I can't find their marriage. You have to love it when the family sys in the same spot for generations at a time, and when total strangers send you the very records you need to make the connections. No other Peckwells, News, and Mills appear in the records, so they were probably from other parishes. There are lots of Goldrings, but mostly descendants of Elizabeth's relatives. I have only the names for her parents, John and Rose, plus the christening info for her siblings. Still, what a wonderful find. It expands upon the research of Irene Kerr, one of our Ozzie cousins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home