Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

This has been an interesting past few days. I may have a special service opportunity that requires high-speed internet. My dial-up can take half an hour to connect, then disconnects periodically for no apparent reason. So I have been thinking of switching any way. I found two companies provide high-speed internet my rural area. It was suggested to me that wireless may work when the trees are bare, but stop working when the leaves come out. Two-way satellite wouldn't have that problem, because I have good line-of-sight to the south, but it is much more expensive to set-up and much slower. I will decide as soon as the trees are in leaf, probably in June. Yesterday I had two telephone calls, Bruce Taylor is a half-cousin of Judy's. She descends from Fanny Watson's first marriage and Bruce descends from her second marriage. Then in the afternoon I had a telephone call from Phyllis Peterson in Arizona regarding my connection to the Coulters. I need to write to her. She is in her 80s and doesn't use the internet. Craig Peterson contacted me about Buchanan genealogy. Robert Watson emailed me some photos of the Nate Watson family. Arlene Eakle expressed her appreciation for putting her report into PDF format. Yesterday, Don Holmes sent me an obit of Charles Buchanan that I had never seen before. I passed it along to the relatives. Barry Snider asked about Ann Jane Buchanan, who is omitted from the obit, so I sent a full report to the relatives. I adjusted the handlebars on Javan's bicycle, and Laurel told me that Evelyn had bad news about Aaron's speaking and comprehension evaluation. We hope and pray that he is able to progress better with excellent help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home