Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Last week at the Family History Center, scanning microfilms took most of my time. Unfortunately, the Minolta and Dell equipment seemed to be working at cross purposes. After about 30 scans the computer would need to be rebooted. This happened three times, while I had a line-up of people waiting to have their microfilms scanned. I think their patience was starting to wear thin towards the end. Today again, I had trouble with the film scanner. It has been exciting to see the new partnerships announced by FamilySearch.org It should attract additional people to the Family History Centers. It has been as busy week. The townhouse next door to Evelyn and Ed caught fire, and their unit received extensive smoke damage. They hope to be able to move into a different unit this weekend. Rob's car needed engine work, so yesterday I drove to his house (about an hour and a half away), and helped him to return the rental car and pick up his car. Earlier in the day Judy and I planted our potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home