Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yesterday, I looked up some Ontario births, marriages and deaths (Watsons, Ing, Hatherleys) on Ancestry.ca ... a very worthwhile service for anyone doing research in Ontario, Canada. Today I received and email from a family member that I had not been in touch with for 14 years. She had just disappeared and no one seemed to know where she had gone. What a thrill to hear from her! Then my mother telephoned to tell me that my nephew and his wife had a new baby. How exciting! We knew the baby was due, but not about its arrival. A 10-pound boy ... good job Kim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home