Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Sunday, April 07, 2019

Murray's Gajdzica and Wojnar Families

The Wojnar Family


My friend Murray asked for help with one of his ancestral lines last Sunday. I found the christening record for Anna Gajdzica who I knew to be one of the children of Jan Gajdzica and Eva Mojnar. The godparents were Adam Wojnar and Anna Stachura. This seemed like a very promising lead since godparents are typically close family members or lifetime friends. 

I found the marriage record of Adam and Anna, which gave the names of their parents. Other records showed that Adam would be an older brother of Eva. So I now had the names of the parents of Eva Mojnar 
They are Jan Wojnar  born about 1850 G9NY-T4K  and  Maryja Kapustka born about 1850 LBFB-VPW These families were from Poland and settled at Yorkton, Saskatchewan about 1900.

This confirms that the Mary Wojnar living with the  Gajdzica family in the census is Eva and Adam's mother. (Maryja=Mary)

The 1921 Canada census lists Adam Wojnar's children as. 
Agnez Theresa Wojnar 1907–Deceased  •  G9JS-HTJ
Adolf Wojnar 1908–Deceased  •  G9JS-G91
Joanna Wojnar  1909–Deceased  •  G9VJ-2CD
Helen Wojnar 1911–Deceased  •  G9VJ-YXC
Angeline Wojnar 1912–Deceased  •  G9VJ-TY2
Sophia Wojnar 1920–Deceased  •  G9VV-M26

So this adds 10 people to Murray's family tree.

(The ID numbers are from Familysearch.org , where I did the research and recorded the records. These numbers will be handy for anyone wanting to find these records in the FamilySearch Family Tree.) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home