Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living at Onoway, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. During July 2007 - January 2010, and September 2011 - March 2014, I provided part-time support for This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
Since April 2010, I have served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click

Friday, May 21, 2010

Putting your family tree online The question is often asked, "What is the best way to put my family tree online?" That is a "loaded" question. Does "best" mean "easiest", "most impressive", or something else? I think that "best" is like "beauty". It is in the eye of the beholder. Earlier today I looked at a variety of ways to put a family tree online. Screen shots and links to examples can be seen at None of them looked as "good" in my opinion as, which is also one of the simplest ways of doing the job. A sample can be seen at A screenshot of the pedigree view follows. It is about 10% of the real size.


Post a Comment

<< Home