Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I have been invited by NEHGS to include this information in my blog. It may be of special interest if you live near Boston and have New England ancestors. I have condensed it, for further information, please follow the links. New England Historic Genealogical Society UPCOMING EVENTS www.NewEnglandAncestors.org education@NEHGS.org Location- 99 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116-3007 NEHGS Genealogy Research Center Orientation Wednesday, June 7 @10 AM- 11 AM Saturday, July 10 @10 AM- 11 AM Wednesday, August 4 @10 AM- 11 AM In this orientation, you will have the opportunity to learn more about our resources, discuss your research interests with one of our expert genealogists on staff, attend a FREE thirty-minute introductory lecture and have a tour of our library’s vast holdings. Founded in 1845, NEHGS is the country’s oldest and largest non-profit genealogy library and archive, with more than 28 million artifacts, books, manuscripts, microfilms, journals, photographs, records, and other items. Begin learning about your genealogy with this great tour. Come Home to New England, Session I June 14- June 19 http://www.newenglandancestors.org/9064.asp Using NewEnglandAncestors.org Wednesday, July 7 @10 AM With over 110 million names in 2,200 databases, NewEnglandAncestors.org is the primary internet resource for New England genealogy. This free lecture will offer an overview of the Society’s website and online databases. Summer Research Getaway 19th and 20th Century Immigrant Ancestors July 15- July 17 http://www.newenglandancestors.org/9069.asp Come Home to New England, Session II August 9- August 14 http://www.newenglandancestors.org/9065.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home