Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Saturday, January 25, 2020

An enjoyable visit

Back in 1998 and again in 2002, Judy and I stayed with my cousin Darlene and her husband Leonard on their farm in Manitoba, while doing family history research. Darlene is my genealogy buddy.

Wednesday evening Darlene called from Hinton and arranged to have lunch with us tomorrow. 

Darlene phoned about 11:15. We had a nice lunch together at Boston Pizza, and we caught up on the latest news about our families. They insisted on paying for our meal. They were on their way home to Manitoba after visiting their son Mitchell. This was the first time they had seen him since he moved to Vancouver and they had a wonderful visit, Mitchell has phoned 3 times since they left Vancouver to make sure they were safe. With the mild temperatures that roads have been very slippery, but we are definitely happier with daily high temperatures close to 0C than -30C. 


After leaving Spruce Grove, they are planning on visiting one of Leonard's relatives in Two Hills, before continuing home. It was fun to see them, and it was hard to believe it has been so long.. 

Thanks for thinking of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home