Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Sunday, March 05, 2017

"Great Grandma Buchanan"

My mother is approaching her 97th birthday.

She is a remarkable woman and has lived a remarkable life.

Born in 1920, she would have grown up among tales of the horrors of "The Great War".

She experienced the Great Depression first hand, as one farm after another "dried up".

Her brothers and two brothers-in-law were soldiers during "World War II".

A fall last year resulted in a broken femur and her remaining years will almost certainly be spent in a wheelchair.

Tomorrow she faces surgery for an "aggressive cancer". She may not survive the surgery, but she doesn't fear it. It is just another obstacle to be faced in life.

You would think that she had every reason to be discouraged with life, but she has enjoyed life and has always had great faith in the future. She represents much of what is right and good about humanity. She and her husband were always ready to share the little they had with others. And they always had time for family and friends.

Best wishes Mom! You are in our thoughts and our prayers!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home