Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Thursday, December 01, 2016

Book Review

On Thursday evenings, Judy and I serve in the Riverbend Family History Centre.
We have become good friends with a lady who comes in to do research while her three kids have their weekly church activities in the same building.

She loaned us a copy of "The Traveler", the first of three books she has written in the series "Legends of Thamaturga", Judy and I both enjoyed it. It is an "epic fantasy" story of an 18 year old girl with a mysterious past, whose mother may have magical powers, and of three younger children she has rescued, and a generous stranger who is more than he seems. It is fast paced, has enjoyable characters, and was fun to read! At about 200 pages, I finished it in one day. This is only the first part of a longer story, and ends on somewhat of a cliff-hanger. Fortunately, the books are not expensive so reading the next part of the story is affordable.


At Amazon.com, or Amazon.ca for less shipping cost. Or much less for the e-book version.
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Thamaturga


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home