Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

balesrus.ca

What do you do on the day before Christmas?

Well, in this case, I helped a friend to register a domain name for his small business. Octave DeSmet has a business hauling round bales in central Alberta. A little over two years ago I registered balesrus.com for him, but the registration recently expired. We tried tried for 2 months to renew his web site registration with ifastnet.com, but no matter what we tried, nothing worked. I was ready to give up, but Octave finds his web site very useful for potential customers. They can calculate the cost of hauling before they even pick up the phone.

I found that the similar domain name name of balesrus.ca was available, and I looked at other registration services. godaddy.com advertised a good price, but then added enough required services that the final cost was no bargain. At my son Andrew's suggestion, I checked-out netfirms.com, whose price was only about $60 for a 5-year registration. I had trouble getting Octave's phone number into a format that the registration form would recognize as valid, but a FREE PHONE CALL to netfirm's help line solved the problem in about a minute. Try viewing balesrus.ca it works! If it doesn't work, please let me know.

This evening, I will gather with family and friends to celebrate God's gift to us. But for now, I am happy to have been able to do a good deed for a friend.

Merry Christmas everyone!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home