Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Slave Lake Residents Return
This week, electricity, water, sewer, and natural gas were restored to Slave Lake. Then, staffs of surviving businesses and services were encouraged to return and make things operational. Friday, residents whose homes are still standing were asked to return. There was a check-in system to guarantee an orderly return. Residents whose homes were lost in the fire were asked to not return, but to contact authorities and make them aware of their needs.

There is an article at about them disposing of refrigerators and freezers filled with decayed food:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/slave-lake-residents-can-return-home-friday/article2036455/

Ed and Evelyn sent us an email. They have been in touch with President Anderson. His home survived and he plans to hold a brief church service today for the church members who have returned.

Our thoughts and prayers are for them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home