Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My mother's father, Richard Samuel Ing, came to Canada from England in 1896 aboard the SS Vancouver. His passenger record is very brief, The link below will open the page of the passenger manifest.
SS VancouverDeparture Port and Date (yyyy/mm/dd): Liverpool, England - 1896-03-05
Londonderry, Ireland - 1896-03-06 Moville, Ireland - [1896-03]
Port and Date of Arrival: Halifax, N.S. - Portland, ME - 1896-03-14
Remarks: List Number: 43, Date of arrival may apply to Halifax only
Reference: RG 76 Microfilm: C-4517 page 2
Port of Embarcation: Liverpool Richard S Ing 14 Child English [bound for] Hamilton [Ontario]
Link to page image http://tinyurl.com/3kdkvd

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Corona said...

Nice site! I am digging into my family history and hope to put together a geneology blog. But...my great grandparents were born in Mexico and I'm not sure how to go further. I feel stuck.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 11:56:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home