Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living at Onoway, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. During July 2007 - January 2010, and September 2011 - March 2014, I provided part-time support for https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped many with the free Personal Ancestral File 5 (PAF5) software. I continue to help others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
Since April 2010, I was an assistant director of Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. In recent months I was director of this FHC. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click http://mormon.org/

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cousins Reunited I received an email yesterday from Cheryl, whose family is connected to mine by a marriage a few generations ago. She gave me an update on her family line and expressed the wish of being able to find her cousin Ula's daughter. As I seached through my notes (in my family database, of course), I found information provided by Elizabeth. In one of the notes, Elizabeth mentions that Ula was her mother. So I sent Cheryl an email with the info from Elizabeth, including her email address. My reply from Cheryl today said: Subject: Re: Ula's daughter Bill I just sent a mail to her. Thanks for all your help in this! As you said it is exciting after losing contact with a family after all these years and then regain contact!! WOW!!! Cheryl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home