Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My book "Bill's Buchanans and Watsons" was emailed out as a pdf file to some of the relatives. I had to remove the photos and maps to shrink it down from 56MB to about 200KB. (I have decided that only my immediate family will get printed copies of the long version.) On Monday I sent a 56MB copy on a CD to my cousin Darlene in Manitoba, since I was sending her some other genealogy anyway. I received a Christmas card from the Harpers in New Zealand. (Very suitable with the snow and cold weather we are having in the NW prairies.) I also received two certificstes and a bunch of nice family photos from my cousin Irene in Australia. At the Family History Center Last week I was guiding someone over the telephone as they did a Match and Merge on their database. Scary stuff! This week I helped someone having problems with the new microfilm scanner/printer, and helped a lady to find the marriage of one of her ancestors (thanks to freeBMD), and then found the parents, siblings and grandfather of the spouse (thanks to Ancestry.com's British Censuses) Then after the FHC closed, I stayed there to download some genealogy podcasts, and catch up on my blog. I may not make it to the archives today, but they will still be there next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home