Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Friday, December 01, 2006

Tuesday it was almost my turn to make it into the Obituary column of the newspaper. I was driving south on Range Road 30, going to help friend with a computer problem. The road was deeply covered with packed snow and ice. I was driving slowly as I came to the stop sign at the highway, but I skidded right past the sign. I steered for the shoulder of the road, and stopped there, as a big truck with two trailers went roaring by. We are thankful for small miracles! Today I updated my main website, by up-loading a new copy of my Buchanan family database. This has taken a while, as there seems to be an unknown link between my Buchanan and Ing lines, which makes separating them difficult. Because of all the problems I am having on my desktop computer, I was unable to use it to upload the files. Instead, I transferred them to my old laptop, downloaded AceFTP free, and did the file transfer from there. The whole idea of wireless high-speed internet seems more and more attractive, but I my current dial-up internet contract runs for another 11 months. Wednesday it was so cold that the FHC remained closed (-31 C, about -40 C with wind chill). So I used the time to do some shopping and some record-keeping that needed to be done. What will I find next week? Wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home