Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Violet Hilda Ing Matthews

I received an email from my brother Reg telling me that our aunt had passed away on Monday.
(Interestingly, I live about an hour's drive away and he lives 7 hours away.)

I confirmed it with my brother Lloyd, and he said he found out from the local Breton newspaper.
http://www.bretonbooster.com/styled-2/files/breton-june-14-2017.pdf


MATTHEWS, Violet Hilda (Ing)
May 29, 1922 – June 12, 2017

Violet Hilda Matthews (Ing), 95, of Leduc, AB passed away on June 12, 2017.
Violet was born in Kirriemuir, AB on May 29, 1922, the second youngest of 6 children, to Richard and Louisa Ing. Violet moved to the Breton area with her family in the spring of 1934. She married Ray Matthews in 1946 and moved to the farm where they raised their 5 children. She loved entertaining family and friends, flowers, singing and volunteering.
Violet is survived by sons Gary (Rita) and Stan (Brenda); daughters Diane, Darlene (Wade) and daughter-in-law Sue (Ron); sisters Dorothy Buchanan and Myrtle Carson (Evans); 11 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews. 
She was predeceased by her parents, husband and son (Harold), sister Marion Lidgett, and brothers Walter & Charlie Ing.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Village of Breton (Breton Cemetery), Box 480, Breton, AB T0C 0P0.
For service details, please visit www.serenity.ca.
Condolences: www.serenity.ca
Serenity Funeral Service, Leduc (780) 980-3688

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Auntie Vi was my mother's dearest friend as well as being her sister. After my mother was widowed, they lived in the same senior's lodge in Breton and then in Leduc, and finally in the Leduc Extendicare.  She was looking well when I saw her at Mom's birthday party last month.

When I was little, the families of my mother and her brother Walter and her sister Vi would meet at their parents' home in Breton on Saturdays, and we knew each other really well.

When my parents moved to Camrose in 1953, the Matthews family moved there too as our next door neighbors. I remember many hours of playing cribbage and other card games with her. She was patient, kind, and good humored.

Bless you and your family Auntie Vi.

Love,
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home