Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. Since 2007, I have spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre. I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog For information the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Sunday, June 30, 2013

1921 Canada Census

I am passing this along. Better (and louder) voices than mine have raised this concern. This message arrived from my friend and genealogy co-worker Darlene. I have sent my email to Mr. Moore. I hope you will take a few minutes to do likewise. 
 
As I worked on the indexing of the 1940 US Census, I was constantly looking forward to the 1921 Canada Census becoming available. If the USA could make their 1940 census available in such a timely and competent manner, why are we facing this delay on OUR 1921 Census? Please let our government know that it is important to us. Individual researchers and the whole genealogy industry are getting tired of this delay. If the government doesn't know what to do, they can ask the experts. I am sure that familysearch.org (free) and ancestry.com (commercial) would both be willing to provide help and advice.

Bill
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hi Everyone,
 
I'd like you to help me do this e-mail blitz to MP James Moore in Ottawa Canada who represents Library and Archives Canada   Please read this e-mail below from my genealogy group in Neepawa. 
 
Would you take the time to send an e-mail as Maxine has requested?  It would sure help everyones genealogy research and I would like to help make this early release of the 1921 Census happen by asking the people I know to help me.
 
So read the request from Maxine below for instructions and I'm thanking you all in advance for taking the time to help. If you have friends that you think will help you (genealogy nut or not) please send this same e-mail on to them to help too,
 
Thanks again,      Darlene
 
----- Original Message -----
Tuesday, 18 June 2013
The 1921 census. If we don't ask we won't get.
According to an item in the Global Genealogy newsletter

 "... the entire 1921 census of Canada has already been digitized plus a geographical index. It's sitting on a server ready to go online (free). Problem is that the Harper Government has put a hold on its release."
Please help persuade the government to put the 1921 census online. Email Heritage Minister James Moore. A long email isn't required. The more people call for release the sooner it will happen. Numbers count, the length of your email does not. You don't have to be a Canadian either.

Just email james.moore@parl.gc.ca with the Subject 1921 Census and write:

Dear Minister Moore:
Please instruct management of Library and Archives Canada to make images of the 1921 census available online immediately.

(name)

Any additional information you want to add is fine, but make it short. It's number of such emails received that will count. Ask you friends and relatives to send emails too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous acer customer care contact number said...

Thats very good . i think this information really help me . Thanks.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 11:56:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home