Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Irish Research At the Edmonton Riverbend Family History Centre, we are frequently asked for suggestions and web sites for Irish research. Things have just gotten a lot better! The latest issue of the Genealogy in Time newsletter is loaded with help for Irish research. See it at http://tinyurl.com/2345l2s Scottish Research The article also has help in contacting local libraries in Scotland. Now, I am waiting eagerly for a reply to my email query to the Kelso Library regarding apprenticeship records for my 2ggf James Watson: Kelso Library, Bowmont Street, Kelso, Scottish Borders TD5 7JH. libkelso@scotborders.gov.uk Topics in the latest issue of the Genealogy in Time newsletter:

  1. How to Find Local Scottish Libraries
  2. Ask a Scottish Librarian a Genealogy Question
  3. Council of Irish Genealogical Organisations
  4. National Archives of Ireland Irish Genealogy –government website
  5. Irish Health Services Executive –for ordering online certificates
  6. Ireland Historic Registry of Deeds Index Project
  7. Irish Newspaper Archives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home