Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Research Success

I spent some more time researching my Murton line in FamilySearch and Ancestry.com.

In Family Tree I have been able to add the parents of John Murton L7FZ-1ZS b.1701 (married to Leah Hock), (John Murton 1664- 9KC2-V8Y and Audry Aslet 1680- 9KC2-VDR) and the parents of this John Murton (John Murton 1631-1669 MMHW-813 and Rose Hadly 1634- LF7J-JX4) and the parents of John Murton 1631 (Edward Murton 1600- L4GD-B6Z and Joane or Jane Tidball 1610- KG4Y-NHG) along with various children.


Three generations added, on that line! This is my most successful day of research in a long time. 

I have tried to be systematic, to avoid missing anyone, and looking for sources. 

It is sad that so little is recorded about their lives. I listened to a talk "It's All About The Dash", and I really agree. For example: "John Murton 1631-1669". What did he do during the dash (the time between his birth and death)? What kind of person was he? He died at the age of 38, leaving his wife Rose a widow at a young age. What caused his premature death? Maybe some day I will find out. 

We are fortunate that with the internet, we can search through millions of records in just a few minutes. But it still takes time and effort to unlock forgotten information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home